Why am I a grumpy budget? I have no idea! I just woke up grumpy. There are several things that could be contributing to my fantastic mood. Let me list them for you:
- I didn’t remember to sleep with my breathing machine on last night. We forgot to turn the air down, and I woke up swollen and feeling yucky–that could be part of the problem.
- I have all these “have-to-do’s” on my plate today. I want to be out at the lake, or on the beach, OR riding my bike; just not here doing “WORK.” ~~very possibly another contributing funk-factor.
- I have gotten myself into a few things that — NOW — I am wondering what the heck I was thinking when I signed up for these things. Sometimes, I think that you have mental gas that causes you to be intoxicated by certain ideas that later you wonder what possessed you to act on such a thing?!?!–I am pretty sure this IS part of the reason.
- This morning, I went out to turn on the sprinklers before finishing my walk (the grass was looking a little DRY), only to discover that the heads on the sprinkler system were massively malfunctioning. I mean when you have several fountains and most of the heads continuously spray the driveway, this is a slight problem. Needless to say, I did not finish my walk, but instead became the human sprinkler system, this AM–this too could be part of my attitude problem.
- I have saggy skin. I don’t think that is truly part of the problem, because saggy skin equals lost weight–I’m just sayin’.
- I have yummy bottles of wine that I really would LOVE to sip. Isn’t that what the weekends are for??…. and Holidays for SURE?!?! ~~this is only slightly part of the problem–cuz I like losing.
Awe .. Heck … I am a Woman, and I believe I am allowed a funk without a reason for it. So there!
The good news is; I am staying on plan. I am going to copy the Grumpy Guy here and share with you one of his tips for successful dieting no matter the plan your on:
Measure. Measure. Measure. No eye-balling it. You can lose track of how much you are consuming. My Tip of the day is — JOURNAL every scrap of food that passes through your lips. This will keep you on track–help you see if you have a trend in the WRONG direction, BEFORE it gets out of hand. If you are like me, you will forget what you ate if you don’t log/journal it right when you eat it. Nothing worse than looking over at Mikey and asking, “What did I eat?” And he replies, “ey-uh-no?” I use Loseit.com on my iPhone. Cuz if it ain’t mobile and techno, don’t even expect me to follow through on journaling–writing takes too much time. The instructors pass out those little written journals, and I smile ignorantly, and stare like I have no idea what they are talking about. I won’t do those things.
I am going to share with you a screen image of my log today. Now, lunch was not added at the time I did the picture of this, but, dang, if I wait for every meal today, we will NEVER get this blog posted.
Grumpy or Happy I log in the journal … cuz I am serious about beating the battle of the bulge. Blessings…S