WOW. Three weeks without weighing in. Well, how do you think I did?
I’m not gonna build suspence because I just don’t have that in me today. It has been a yucky day on several points, but major pleasant on some others. We gotta take the good with the bad. Today was BAD. I GAINED. 4.5 pounds. Totally STINKS!
Do you think I wanna jump in fighting, or lay down and cry? Both. I feel like such a dolt lossing a month’s worth of work. So, how did I handle my bad news? Did I cry? Did I stand up and give myself a pep talk? Did I laugh? Have I given up? Questions, questions! You all are just so inquisitive today. I guess I should talk about what I felt.
- I felt like a dolt.
- I kinda knew this was coming (will list the reasons I knew later).
- I was surprisingly calm.
- The staff was AMAZING and encouraging.
- Fellow groupies were supportive and kind.
I talked with the “Behavior Specialist” Cady today (she is the P-Shrinker for your brain–to figure out why you are emotionally fat). She always asks me a lot of questions, today she asked me quiet a number about how I was going to deal with this setback. I had so many good responses. I listened to myself speak and wondered how I was being so positve. Why wasn’t I crying and feeling majorly defeated? Still I feel like a dolt, but oddly I don’t feel major upset. I don’t know why. I think I am NOT going over aynalize it, but instead GO with it and use it to my benefit. 🙂
I am a little afraid it will spiral out of control and my body my reverse itself and start gaining again, BUT only a little. See … (now it is time to give you the reasons I knew gaining was a STRONG possibility) … my body acted predictably.
The list of WHY:
- Yes, I have been having my first bout with emotional eating.
- I ate gobs of nuts. Nuts are good for you, but loaded in FAT. Good fat, but fat none the less and that sorta adds up when eaten in bulk.
- I was sick for two weeks before my Vaca.
- I could barely exercise and I was on MEDICATIONS–that sometimes cause me to CRAVE foods.
- I went on VACA and skipped Journaling my food and ate within reason what I wanted. I planned this time off.
- Got home from VACA had dizzy spells and a sick grand baby.
- Dizzy spells meant I couldn’t workout much — major time sitting on the rumpas — very costly to a weight loss if one doesn’t watch one’s food consumption closely.
- Sick grand baby ruined chances of working out on Friday — major hit to the calorie burning factory over here.
- Surprise visits from my Sister and Niece and my Parents arrived a day earlier than expected.
- While these are very fun surprises, I had no plan about the food combined with the lack of exercise in place. Major ERROR!
One too many things happened to combine for a big time weight gain. Stinks! I’m just sayin’. I have so much to do and so many things to workout. I should be able to get back on target today all family left and I should be able to get my life after VACA back on track. So what’s my plan? It isn’t fully formed, yet.
–Make a game plan for emergencies like unplanned family events and “extra” dinners out and trips to the lake.
–Be selfish and take care of my health needs no matter what. That means next time family comes I keep to my schedule until I reach goal. I know my parents and children will understand and support me, they want me to succeed.
Not that I am going to be inconsiderate, but as Lindsey said once this is my marathon. I want to add this is my health marathon. This is about MY life and the quality of it as well as the quality of life for my family. It is my # job to care for myself. Why do I have to state this? Because I have been shamed for being so into myself. It think this is one area that I have to give to myself first. Like they tell you on the air plane–you MUST first put your own oxygen mask on before helping others. Plainly stated, I AM WORTH any and ALL efforts to give myself the gift of health.
Today we had a fellow OptiFast graduate speak to us, Scott Thorne. He has kept his weight off for more than a 18 months. I really enjoyed hearing him talk. He was funny and realistic. He reminded us to be selfish. That resonated with me. I honestly think that has cost me more than anything I have done (eaten) over the last 3 weeks. I know if I eat extra calories I MUST up the exercise. I didn’t do that this weekend. I let other peoples wants derail my needs for maintaining my health. This is so very hard for me. I was so grateful to Lindsey for having Scott speak, because it really helped me to hear that it is important to be selfish again. It packed more power from someone who has gone through this process and is living on healthily.
–Plan my meals for the week, possibly the month.
–Journal — period! Even while on VACA so that I can keep up with life and stay on track. I plan to always live with purpose.
My plan for the next few days is to finish off the food that I have in the house (in appropriate portions) that are way too tempting. Then move back to 4 or 5 shakes with one very measured meal, and work back into my daily exercise.
Thanks for all your wonderful words of encouragement … I know this is corny, but you are the wind beneath my wings …S