Let me tell you ….
I got inspired by Joe’s Primal Scream post yesterday. He made the “Adjective Defying Stuffed Portabella…” awe, just go check it out. I had two mushrooms and was gonna hook me and Mikey up with this later today … BUT we were craving some Primal pancakes and didn’t have all the ingredents, so what’s a straving girl to do???????????
I went WILD. I broke out tha … well … hang on here I will give you the list:
- 6 eggs (mine are free range)
- 2 tblspn half and half (you can omit this and use chicken broth–mine was bad)
- 2 large-ish portabella mushrooms chopped fine (so’s ya get flava in evary byte!)
- 5 slices of Maverick Ranch Applewood Smoked Bacon (I like it because it doesn’t have all the junk in it) You can go with about 3 slices for less fat–I did more because Mike begged, and he has been on a diet long enough. Winking here.
- 1/2 cup yellow/spanish onion chopped fine
- I celery stalk chopped fine
- 1 anaheim pepper washed, seeded, and chopped fine
- 1 serrano pepper washed, seeded, and chopped fine (I love it hot and spicy – this can be omited)
- 1 clove garlic miniced
- 1/2 cup broccoli chopped up
- 1 zucchini julienned or chopped fine
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper chopped coarse — or how ever much you like
- 6 or more leaves of Basil
- a Gob of Cilantro Chopped with basil
- 1/2 cup to a cup (depending on your dietary needs) sharp cheddar cheese. I go light with this because of the fat from the bacon. I love the flavor though. 😀 I follow Lindsey Lee’s advice and go for the stronger cheeses in smaller amounts to give my dish the big bang for my buck flavor.
Be sure to stir occasionally stirring to coat with remaining fat (don’t be alarmed when you see the bottom of the pan drying up — just means the zucchini is getting what it needs). Before adding the remaining ingredents beat eggs, cream, and salt, pepper, and other spices to taste together for pouring over the evenly distributed mixure in the saute pan.
Thanks Joe for the spring board idea! 🙂
Blessing y’all ….S