I got up this morning to a CRAZY gain — in the neighborhood of 5 pounds.
Which put me heavier than last Monday when I went in. WHAT THE HECK?? I was quite shocked. I started thinking about what could have caused this gain and if it were real. Lets look back over the last few days and see if it is possible.
- I lifted weights a second time last week–unlike the One time the week before**
- I did Pilates Reformer twice last week–unlike the week before–this is weighted**
- I tried running farther–though, I doubt this could have caused it.*
- Major Stress**
- Several days I don’t think I drank enough water–which can cause you to gain water weight from dehydration**
- Completely stopped journaling during stress days–I have NO idea what went into my mouth***
- Had too many high carby foods–for a diabetic these have to be kept at a balance**
* Not a likely cause ** Very Likely to have cause weight gain ***HIgh probablity to cause weight gain
While it seems hard for the five pound weight gain to be real, I had some major shock-to-your-system stress this weekend; I barely paid attention to what I ate. I didn’t record anything that went into my mouth and so I can’t even evaluate what could cause problems–so I seriously think this was my MAJOR malfunction over the past few days to raise from 167.6 to 172.8 this morning in just two days. I probably gained some fluid, some muscle, and some fat—something I did not want to do.
So what am I going to do today? I remind myself what the Trainer at EatRight told me last week–how he tells people not to weigh while lifting (working hard to build–which I am doing right now), because they will most likely gain. He reminds them to go by clothing and measurments–I’m gonna try to remember that Trainer Mike. Also, I am gonna fast, save for fluids, for most my meals today, and have a nice lean steak with my Mikey as we had planned for this evening’s meal. Don’t worry: a fast every-once-in-a-while won’t do me any harm. It is NOT something that I do very often–well–unless you count the 16 weeks I was on OptiFast. Hahah. I just thought of that. I know this: I won’t be hitting any heavy duty activity today, besides I have a sinus something-or-other that is making me miserable. I hope I will even want to eat my meal this evening, ’cause nothing sounds good right now. Nothing, but hot drinks.
I am also going to fix my mind on positive things. How much better I look and feel; generally speaking. I am going to start back today, recording my food and activity; it should be easy considering I am only eating one meal and not really doing any activity besides walking around. 😉
I have looked back over the past year for good things, and also discovered that each time I have terrible stress:
- I have problems managing my journal.
- I lose touch with what is happening with food consumption.
- I often become ill.
I guess I am going to have to break out the Psychology books to try and understand what the heck is going on here. 🙂